A natural afro can be so difficult to maintain while also trying to keep it healthy. Since I decided to transition from relaxed hair to natural, the upkeep has been time consuming and requires much work. Here is a full-proof formula to getting a curly fro and keeping it without the fuss.
- Coconut Oil
- Hair Ties
Wash & Treat
- Shampoo hair with luke warm water & towel dry. * Hot water dries and breaks hair
- Condition with Hair Mayonnaise or treatment of your choice
- Pat hair dry with towel
- For curls that are more wavy, blow dry with a hairdryer before knotting
- Apply Coconut Oil to wet hair generously.
- Separate hair into small sections.
- Section by section, twist the hair using the index finger, around the index finger.
- Keeping the hair in a twist, twirl it around to make small balls and tie with a small hair tie.
- Repeat until all the hair sections are small knots around the entire head.
- Base scalp lines with Coconut Oil
- When hair is dry – untangle each know and stretch hair out using your hands
- Apply coconut oil to moisture
- When all knots are untied, use the comb to gently stretch the curls out. (Or leave them as is)
All products used here can be substituted by preferred natural hair products